Panglao Island, Bohol, 6340
Amarela Beach Resort’s location is in Panglao, an 80.5 sq km island located southwest of the main island of Bohol. Its terrain ranges from plain to hilly and mountainous. A study in 2004 and 2005 led to the discovery of about 2,000 new mollusk species and 200 new crustacean species from the waters off the island.
Tagbilaran Airport, the pier, and shopping malls are all just 20 to 30 minutes from our Panglao Island accommodation. Other places of interest near our environmentally-friendly resort are:
- Puntod – Panglao’s popular sandbar
- Balicasag – known as a snorkeling destination
- Hinagdanan Cave – a lighted cavern with a deep lagoon
- Shell Museum – features a collection of shells gathered for over 30 years
- Bohol Bee Farm – offers organic meals and stunning sea views
Unlike other Panglao, Bohol resorts, Amarela Beach Resort’s location is a great vantage point for Alona Beach, which is dubbed as Bohol’s mini-Boracay because of its white sand.