Panglao Island, Bohol, 6340
Amarela Beach Resort’s location is in Panglao, an 80.5 sq km island located southwest of the main island of Bohol. Its terrain ranges from plain to hilly and mountainous. A study in 2004 and 2005 led to the discovery of about 2,000 new mollusk species and 200 new crustacean species from the waters off the island. Tagbilaran Airport, the pier, and shopping malls are all just 20 to 30 minutes from our accommodation. Other places of interest near our beach resort in Panglao are:
- Puntod – Panglao’s popular sandbar
- Balicasag – known as a snorkeling destination
- Hinagdanan Cave – a lighted cavern with a deep lagoon
- Shell Museum – features a collection of shells gathered for over 30 years
- Bohol Bee Farm – offers organic meals and stunning sea views
Amarela Beach Resort’s location is also a great vantage point for Alona Beach, which is dubbed as Bohol’s mini-Boracay because of its white sand.